A Shift is a grouping of Rides that are assigned to a driver and vehicle.
As a Driver, it is common to have an AM and a PM shift assigned to them.
Each shift can be created with a Yard Stop to represent where the vehicle is located and at which time a Driver must "check-in" to Dispatch operations.
The "checked-in" confirms to Dispatch that the drivers are ready to run the rides within their shift.
Administrators will see a list of all Rides that can be added to a Shift in the Table panel.
All Rides must be added to a shift in order to be assigned to a Driver and Vehicle.
Video: How to Create Shift Assignments
Video: How to Add Yard Times to Shifts
Step 1 - Add a Shift
- Navigate to the Assignments tab
- Click Add Shift. The system will populate a new shift and add it to the menu in the left panel.
Step 2 - Add Rides to Shifts
- Rides are listed under Table in the right panel.
- To add a Ride to a Shift simply drag and drop the Ride you wish to add from the right panel on top of the Shift in the left panel.
- Rides already added to a Shift will have a value in the first column.
- To assign the Shift, select a Driver and Vehicle from the pull-down menus located in the Shift header
Step 3 - Add Yard Times
- A Yard Time can be added at the start of each Shift.
- Yard Times allow Administrators to receive notifications if a Driver has not "checked in" within 5 minutes of the scheduled Yard Time.
- To add a Yard Time, click the + icon within the Shift header, select the Yard and enter the Yard Time for that Shift.
- Click Save