Creating a Shift & Setting Assignments
A Shift is a grouping of Rides that are assigned to a driver and vehicle. As a Driver, it is common to have a AM and a PM shift assigned to them. Each shift can be created with a Yard Stop to represent where the vehicle is located and at which time a Driver must "check-in" to Dispatch operations. The "checked-in" confirms to Dispatch that the drivers are ready to run the rides within their shift.
Administrators will see a list of all Rides that can be added to a Shift in the Table panel. All Rides must be added to a shift in order to be assigned to a Driver and Vehicle.
- Navigate to the Rides tab
- Click Add Shift, the system will populate a new shift and add it to the menu in the left panel
- Rides are listed under Table in the right panel, to add a Ride to a Shift simply drag and drop the Ride you wish to add from the right panel on top of the Shift in the left panel.
- Rides already added to a Shift will have a value in the first column
- To assign the Shift, select a Driver and Vehicle from the pull down menus located in the Shift header
- A Yard Time can be added at the start of each Shift. Yard Times allow Administrators to receive notifications if a a Driver has not "checked in" within 5 minutes of the scheduled Yard Time. To add a Yard Time, click the + icon within the Shift header, select the Yard and enter the Yard Time for that Shift.
- Click Save