Troubleshooting Tripshot Driver App on Shuttle iPads
- Driver calls in and says the following:
- App isn’t working.
- iPad is broken.
- I’m having issues.
- These are the following probing questions to help determine the issue:
- Is the tablet screen turning on?
- Can you tell me what you see?
- Can you tell if the Tripshot Driver App is open?
- If Tripshot Driver App is open, do you see your correct shifts?
1. Tablet will not power on.
- Make sure to power on the iPad and verify that the iPad is in the mount with the charge cable connected. After a few minutes, if the iPad does not power up the Driver will need to escalate to get this iPad replaced.
2. Our Tripshot Driver App has been closed.
- The driver will need to navigate to the Home Screen (select the bottom Home button) and launch the Tripshot Driver App.
3. The Tripshot Driver App is open but no Shifts appear or an incorrect Shift appears.
- Dispatch will need to update on their end. Once updated, have the Driver select the Refresh button at the top right.
4. Shifts never appear and Dispatch sees that the device is “down”. We need to determine if iPad has Data/GPS connectivity issues.
- To verify if the device is “down”, the Dispatcher can navigate to the Tripshot Admin Web App > Dispatch > Vehicles. Type in the vehicle number.
- On the Tripshot Driver App, verify that network access and GPS is working. Navigate to Tripshot Driver app > Home and verify GPS and Data icon status.
The following below represent bad GPS / Data.
5. If a Driver sees a login screen asking them to enter their Device ID/Device Secret- make note of the Shuttle. This iPad will need to be decommissioned and sent to Tier-2 support. Will need to re-image and re-provision.