Stops are locations that vehicles stop to pick up and drop off Riders.
Stops are created and managed independently and added to a Route(s).
Video: Creating a New Stop Location
Step 1 - Create New Stop
- In the Stops tab, click "New Stop"
- Enter the Stop name
Step 2 - Enter the Stop Location
- The address can be entered as Latitude/Longitude coordinates
- The system will auto-generate options for recognizable addresses or SFMTA stops and if available, select the appropriate option from the auto-generated list.
- A red dot on the map indicates the Stop location.
- Manually move Stops on the map by dragging and dropping the red dot to the exact desired Stop location. GPS Lat/Long will auto-generate based on this location.
- The Geofence determines when the vehicle is marked as arrived and departed. The vehicle must be able to drive into the Geofence. The Geofence can either be a Circle or a drawn Polygon.
- If the Circle option is selected - the Radius can be entered in which increases/decreases the size.
- If the Polygon option is selected - you must click on the map to create at least 3 vertices points. A vertex point can be moved or deleted by clicking on it.
The stop below is unacceptable since a vehicle will never be able to reach this geofence.
The Geofence below is now within the path the vehicle can travel. A shuttle within the Geofence will automatically be marked as arrived/departed.